COTE stakeholders Forum "Living with biological invasions?"
The second edition of the LabEx COTE Stakeholders forum took place on Friday, September 19, 2014, at the Duguit lecture hall, Law department. This open symposium for sharing and exchanging, to which all the supporters of the issues dealt with by the LabEx COTE were invited, was dedicated to the issue of invasive species.
8.30am Welcoming of the participants
- by Denis Salles, Deputy director of the LabEx COTE in charge of transfer and valorization
- Opening lecture by Cécilia Claeys, sociologist at the University of Aix Marseille
10am Round table "What do we know about invasive species? " with Laurent Guérin (MNHN), Denis Thiéry (Inra), Annabel Porté (Inra), Marie Barneix (OAFS), Vincent Bertrin (Irstea),
- Overview of the diversity of issues relating to invasive species
- Scientific research on biological invasions.
- What do we know, what do we need to learn and what are we still looking for?
- Thinking about "invasive species" classification in general, how do we consider species?
- How to address the theme of large scale data management? Databases, property, interoperability, etc.
11.30am Round table "What type of management for invasive species? " with Marc Kleinhentz, deputy mayor of Villenave d'Ornon in charge of the northern district, urban planning, sustainable development, habitats and housing, Antoine Verpy (GDON Libournais), Alain Dutartre (Chairman of the Regional agency for biodiversity in the Aquitaine region), Roland Matrat (DREAL Pays de la Loire),
- Stakeholders involved
- What type of knowledge is necessary to support the management?
- What are the implemented means to fight against the (technical, legal, financial, operational) impacts of biological invasions
1pm Buffet lunch
2.30pm Round table "What causes and impacts on society? " with Annabel Porté (Inra) - speech prepared with Anaïs Barbarin (Municipalities of Ile de Ré), Cécilia Claeys (University of Aix-Marseille), Matthieu Méchain (doctor at the Tropical Medicine and Travel Medicine department of the University Hospital of Bordeaux)
- Professional practices responsible for biological invasions?
- Relationships between biological invasions, lifestyles and consumption patterns
- Human activities as contributing factors and victims of biological invasions - public health concerns
4.30pm: End of forum
- Présentation Annabel Porté Table ronde 3 - intervention préparée avec Anaïs Barbarin (communauté de communes de l'ïle de Ré)
- Enregistrement Annabel Porté Table ronde 3 - intervention préparée avec Anaïs Barbarin (communauté de communes de l'ïle de Ré)